|Mrs. Adela in DZMM|
Monday, September 08, 2014
DZMM's Radyo Negosyo: 3 Sisters' Banana Chips
Last August 12, 2014, my mother was guest in DZMM's Radio Program "Radyo Negosyo" hosted by Dr. Carl Balita.
Here are some of the points I got from watching the interview:
1. The business started with only P200.00 as capital and a quarter of it was used to purchase raw bananas.
2. The closure of Marcopper Mining Corporation led to the idea of putting up the business.
3. Mrs Adela's children (us) started selling the product when they were still in grade school.
4. The business was able to send all four children to college. All of them are now graduates.
5. The Department of Science and Technology (DOST) has been very instrumental for the improvement of the product's quality.
6. The business helped the family in financing the construction of a house and acquisition of a car.
7. The business was able to provide local employment.
If you want to watch the full interview, please watch the video below.